We're a small digital agency that strives to excel in exceptional user-centered design, digital transformation, web application development, and progressive brand strategy.
All of this is centered around our passion to deliver the best digital experiences to our clients within the membership, charity and not-for-profit sectors.
Since launching in 2018, we have already been successful in winning some large client projects and continue to grow steadily. We are now looking to expand our technical team with a new graduate developer.
Our technical team excels in open source development such as Drupal, WordPress and Magento but we are always adapting and build solutions that use a wide range of technologies.
Personality and team fit are as important as the technical ability for this role. The successful candidate should definitely be a self-starter, ambitious, and motivated to be successful.
Combined with the training and mentoring Heavy Penguin will offer - this is a great opportunity for any developer to progress within the industry.
A typical day:
- Focusing on growing and learning Drupal and other programming languages and our best practices
- Writing clean code and tests, iterating based on feedback
- Participation in code reviews and technical design
- Creating documentation to outline what your code does and how it works
- Understanding infrastructure, DevOps and the full lifecycle of projects from start to finish
- You have a logical and analytical approach to problem-solving
- You can communicate and collaborate with others
- You actively listen and learn from feedback
- You are able to work under tight deadlines without compromising quality
- You are open to multi-tasking
- You have an interest in the full development lifecycle - not just writing code
- A degree in a Computing, Maths, Science or Engineering subject
- Knowledge and experience with a programming language such as PHP
We can offer:
- Relaxed and fun culture
- Great work/life balance
- Access to the latest tools and software
- Regular team socials
- An understanding, no-blame development culture
- Certification and training to help develop your skills
How to Apply
No agencies for this please. We are looking for a direct hire only. Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.