THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED
Since launching in 2018, Heavy Penguin has already been successful in winning some large client projects and continue to grow steadily. We are now looking to expand our design team with a new Graduate UX/UI Designer.
OK, so we know the term UX/UI designer can be controversial, as fundamentally, they are very different and require different skills.
Having said that, as this is a graduate role, we’re happy to be flexible with the responsibilities. This allows the successful candidate to explore both UX and UI design and form their own opinions on their desired career path.
Combined with the training and mentoring Heavy Penguin will offer - this is a great opportunity for any designer to progress within the industry.
Personality and team fit are as important as the design ability for this role. The successful candidate should definitely be a self-starter, ambitious, and motivated to be successful.
The successful candidate will genuinely care about getting the user experience right: from developing original and creative ideas to delivering delightful designs, with a careful eye for detail and usability.
About Heavy Penguin
We're a small digital agency that strives to excel in exceptional user-centered design, digital transformation, web application development, and progressive brand strategy.
We are passionate about delivering the very best digital experiences four our clients within the membership, charity, healthcare and not-for-profit sectors.
This is a great time to come on board, our intimate environment will mean your ideas and opinions will be heard and really make a big difference to the success of the agency. You won’t be just another number in a large corporate company!
A typical day could include:
- Focusing on growing and learning user experience design, UI design and our best practices
- Creating designs, wireframes and iterating based on feedback
- Participation in discovery workshops, design sprints and user testing
- Collaborate with our developers and user researchers to create slick user interfaces for our clients
- Learning and understanding service design and accessibility
- Deliver across multiple client projects
- Recent or soon to be Graduate with a relevant degree in Digital Design, Graphic Design, Animation, Illustration School/College leavers who have studied Design or someone who has a keen interest and has worked on their own projects
- A keen interest in developing a career as a UX/UI Designer – previous work experience or a portfolio of projects you have worked on during your studies would be beneficial
- Some knowledge/experience of any of the following Adobe Creative Suite / Adobe XD / Sketch / Figma / Balsamiq
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to help present your fabulous designs
- You can communicate and collaborate with others
- You actively listen and learn from feedback
- You are able to work under tight deadlines without compromising quality
- You are open to multi-tasking
We can offer:
- Relaxed and fun culture
- Great work/life balance
- Access to the latest tools and software
- Regular team socials
- Certification and training to help develop your skills
How to Apply
This position is now closed.