Ware, Hertfordshire - Up to 35k DOE - Hybrid, Permanent
Our colony is expanding! We're a small digital agency that strives to excel in exceptional user-centred design and web application development within the membership, charity and not-for-profit sectors.
Since launching in 2018, we continue to grow and due to a busy period of winning new clients, we are now looking to expand our technical team with a new PHP developer.
Our technical team excels in open source development such as Drupal, WordPress and Craft but we are always adapting and build solutions that use a wide range of technologies.
Personality and team fit are as important as the technical ability for this role. The successful candidate should definitely be a self-starter, ambitious, and motivated to be successful.
Your New Role
As our Mid-weight Drupal Developer, you're the fire and ice behind our most dynamic projects. With a gentle mix of technical expertise and creativity, you'll be the lynchpin in translating our creative goals into digital magic.
Note: This is a Hybrid role and will require a mix of both days in the office and remote. We're flexible around which days.
- Collaborate with our team of designers, developers, and digital experts to create responsive and intuitive Drupal websites.
- Dive deep into code, ensuring our projects are built on solid, scalable, and sustainable foundations.
- Migrate, integrate and develop custom modules
- Stay updated on the latest trends and tools in Drupal development, keeping our skills razor-sharp and our projects state-of-the-art.
- Troubleshoot like a pro, ensuring our platforms run as smoothly as a penguin's slide down an icy slope.
What's in Your Toolbox?
- A minimum of 2+ years experience with Drupal development, including themes and custom modules.
- Solid GIT experience
- Familiarity with Symfony framework
- Previous work with APIs, third-party integrations, and Drupal distributions.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving, a love for challenges, and an eye for detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while maintaining a smile and a quirky sense of humour.
- Comfortable working full stack when required (these disciplines are usually split within the team anyway).
A bonus if:
- You are Acquia certified
- Have good knowledge and experience of SOLR
- You hold a Software Engineering, Computer Science Degree, or a relevant apprenticeship qualification.
What's in it for You?
- Competitive salary and room for growth.
- A chance to be part of innovative projects with a broad and diverse clientele.
- Regular team activities, including not-so-secret penguin dance-offs.
- Relaxed and fun culture
- Flexible, Hybrid way of working
- Varied day-to-day development working across multiple client projects
- An understanding, nurturing and no-blame development culture
- Certification and training to help develop your skills
- Allocated personal project time to grow and develop
Ready to Take the Plunge?
So, if you're a Drupal aficionado ready for your next arctic adventure, let's chat! Send us your CV, a brief cover letter, and your favourite penguin meme (this last one's just for fun) to here.
Heavy Penguin is an equal opportunity and Living Wage employer. We're all about diversity, in both our team and our projects. Just like penguins, we believe every individual is unique and valuable. 🖤🐧