APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION ARE NOW CLOSED
We strive to excel in exceptional user-centered design, digital transformation, web application development, and progressive brand strategy. All of this is centered around our passion to deliver the best digital experiences to our clients.
It’s a cliche, but we really do believe in quality over quantity, which is why we are very careful about the projects we undertake.
All our development follows industry standards.
Heavy Penguin are seeking an experienced developer of both PHP and the Drupal API to join our growing team on a contract basis. The ability to think creatively when solving problems using the right technology and tools for the job. We are looking for someone with previous client facing skills and who is a comfortable self-managing day to day development priorities.
The specific project we are hiring for is a greenfield build of the latest Drupal version, so has the opportunity for a developer to really lead on best practice and development methods.
Any experience with Acquia cloud platform would be beneficial but not essential.
- Technical understanding of current web technologies
- Organised, methodical and analytical
- Scrum Agile planning and task organising
- Assisting with technical writing and estimations
- Communication of technical aspects to non-technical people
- Knowledge sharing and presenting within the technical team
- Helpful interaction with Front End developers
- Good understanding of Drupal 8 CMS and theme layer (TWIG)
- Building Content Types, Views and Themes for Drupal 8 sites
- A strong background in PHP and back-end development
- They have a flexible work policy and there is scope for remote working as part of this role.
- Acquia Certified
Heavy Penguin office is in Ware, Hertfordshire. This particular role is flexible with the opportunity to work from home on occasion.
Ware has train links straight into Tottenham Hale, Stratford or Liverpool street. Easy access from London by car via A10 / A1.
To apply, send latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the role, contract day rate, availibility and location and we will take it forward from there.