Our colony is expanding! We're a small digital agency that strives to excel in exceptional user-centered design and web application development within the membership, charity and not-for-profit sectors.
Ware, Hertfordshire - £25k-35k+ DOE - Permanent
Since launching in 2018, we continue to grow and due to a busy period of winning new clients, we are now looking to expand our technical team with a new PHP developer.
Our technical team excels in open source development such as Drupal, WordPress and Craft but we are always adapting and build solutions that use a wide range of technologies.
Personality and team fit are as important as the technical ability for this role. The successful candidate should definitely be a self-starter, ambitious, and motivated to be successful.
A typical day:
- Focusing on growing and learning programming languages and our best practices
- Debugging and fixing issues reported by our clients
- Developing custom modules/plugins
- New feature development as part of an agile team
- Participation in code reviews and technical design
- Mentoring and helping other more junior developers
- Building, deploying and releasing into test environments
- Understanding infrastructure, DevOps and the full lifecycle of projects from start to finish
- Up to 3 years PHP programming experience
- Experience developing on at least one CMS
- You have a logical and analytical approach to problem-solving
- You can communicate and collaborate with others
- You actively listen and learn from feedback
- You are able to work under tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Good knowledge and commercial experience with PHP
- Some experience with Drupal, WordPress or Craft CMS
- Ideally a degree in a Computing, Maths, Science or Engineering subject
- A degree in a Computing, Maths, Science or Engineering subject
- Knowledge and commercial experience with PHP
We can offer:
- Relaxed and fun culture
- Flexible, Hybrid way of working
- Access to the latest tools and software
- An understanding, nurturing and no-blame development culture
- Certification and training to help develop your skills
- Allocated personal project time to grow and develop
How to Apply
Please forward your CV to email@example.com.